The Jeffco Board of Education is seeking engaged parents, staff, and business and community members to support the district by serving on the Board of Education District Accountability Committee. Committee vacancies will be filled by the Board of Education in June with screening and interviews with the Board prior to that time, so members appointed can begin committee work for the 2017 - 18 school year.
If you are interested in providing insight and advice to the Jeffco Board of Education, please complete this brief application, open from April 1 – 30. Further information on the responsibilities and functions for board advisory committee members can be found here.
The Board is seeking applicants for the following committee:
1. The Coors Events Center complies with all TSA & Homeland Security policies. Please see the new attached CU Clear Bag Policy link for an exact listing of all prohibited & permitted items:
2. The CU Parking Map can be found here:
3. Students will not receive their yearbooks or caps & gowns at graduation practice until all fees/fines have been paid. The finance office has a current listing posted for all students by the office. The grad fee is $65.
4. The Senior Picnic/Yearbook distribution will be on Friday, May 12th during both lunches on the west patio. Yearbooks will be distributed out of the Depot.
5. Seniors who did not order their caps and gowns with Jostens may still do so by either ordering online at Jostens.com or by mailing in your order to Jostens. Please order ASAP, as the cost does go up. Questions? Contact Ms. Allen at 303.982.2078 or call Jostens at 303.985.0095
6. Questions about the actual graduation ceremony? Select the "Seniors & Graduation" link above under the "COUNSELING" heading.
All 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will be testing April 11th, 12th, and 13th. Students will not be admitted to the testing rooms once testing has started, so please ensure your students are on time and prepared. Rosters with room assignments will be posted in the office windows and at the East and West entrances Monday, April 10th. There will be NO LATE STARTS this week. Please see the details below, as well as the more detailed schedule attached for more information.
9th Grade Schedule:
10th Grade Schedule:
11th Grade Schedule:
Each year, the Lakewood High School senior student class selects a male and female student to represent the spirit of the senior class. These two students’ pictures will be revealed at the Academic Awards program on April 19, 2017 and then displayed as role models for years to come. In addition to academic success, the seniors who are nominated should have contributed to Lakewood in activities outside of the classroom. Please submit the name of one boy and one girl (from your jeffcoschools.us account) whom you feel should be on the Wall of Fame for the Class of 2017. Deadline for all ballots is 3:10pm on Friday, April 7, 2017.
2017 PTSA $500 College Scholarship Application
Seniors are you headed to college in the Fall? The 2017 PTSA Scholarship Application is now available in the Counseling Office and winning essays will be awarded a minimum of $500. Three scholarships were awarded in 2016. The essay topic this year is “If you were to create a time capsule from your time at LHS that would be opened 20 years after graduating, what are three things you'd put in the time capsule and why?” Applications aren’t due until the Friday before Spring Break so you have plenty of time to get your submissions in!
To be eligible you must have a 2.0 GPA and be a member of the PTSA. Not a member of the PTSA? No worries! You can submit your membership form (available in the Counseling office) and $10 fee with your scholarship application or join online by visiting https://sites.google.com/site/lakewoodptsa/home.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017-2018 school year. Please look back next fall for more information on the 2018-2019 school year.
If you have any additional questions, please Contact IB Coordinator, Joellen Kramer at 303.982.7121 or email@example.com
Please also take a look at the LHS IB website.
Want to know if it is an orange or black day? Want to know where your club is meeting? Want to know when the game starts? Go to the app store on your device and search for: rschoolToday
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A LAKEWOOD TIGER!
M-F: 7:30am - 3:30pm